How we collect and process your information is based upon data provided with your consent (e.g., personal information you type in to book a tour), our need to arrange tours, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Winding Road Tours collects different information from users at several different points on our website, such as when you sign up for our mailing list, complete one of our online forms, provide a review or feedback, or contact us for support.
Personal information collected on our site and covered by this policy refers primarily to contact and financial information, including:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your physical address
- Phone numbers
- Any credit card information you provide (Credit card information is only collected to complete a purchase; we do not store credit card information.)
Cookies and web logs help ensure our site is operating properly, so you enjoy a seamless experience every time you visit. They help us understand how you interact with our website so we can continually improve it. (See the Cookies section below for more information). They also help us monitor our network and visitors to our site, and in detecting and preventing fraud.
If you have consented to receive emails from us, we also use certain tools to capture data related to when you open any of our emails and click on any links or banners they may contain to connect to our site.
To help us understand how users interact with our website from their mobile devices, we also collect unique identifying information broadcast from such devices.
How Do We Use Your Information?
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we also collect and maintain your information to use in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our website
- To improve our services and tour offerings
- To quickly and easily respond to any questions about your tour
- To conduct site analytics
- To respond to inquiries related to support or other requests
- For internal administrative purposes
Do We Sell or Share Your Information?
Winding Road Tours is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. We understand and value the need for privacy with financial and personal information, and guard such data with the utmost care. Information you provide to us is not shared with any entities or parties who are not specifically in the business of providing our tours. Your information is not sold, shared, or otherwise distributed to anyone.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information on this website, it is protected both online and offline.
When users are prompted to enter any information on our site, that information is encrypted and protected with SSL. We do not store credit card information once a purchase is complete.
We also do everything in our power to protect user information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our office. Only an employee who needs the information to perform a specific job is granted access to personally identifiable information. An employee must use password-protected screen-savers when s/he leaves her/his desk. When s/he returns, s/he must re-enter her/his password to re-gain access to user information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every six months, as well as any time new policies are added, an employee is notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what s/he can do to ensure our users’ information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment.
How to Access, Change or Remove Your Information
Requests for access, changes to, or removal of your personal information from our site can be submitted through a Personal Information Request Form. Completion of this form is required so we can verify a user’s identity before providing access to any of their personal information. Once we are able to verify your identity through our system, we will process your request and send you a confirmation email with a secure, personalized link to access your information.
We use four types of cookies, as described here.
- Essential – These are cookies that are essential for the functionality of the website to provide you with the service we offer. For example, these cookies make it possible for you to stay logged in or keep certain preferences you may have set.
- Performance – These are cookies that are used to recognize you and remember certain preferences you have set in order to create a better user experience, such as remembering what messages we have shown you or what tours you have recently viewed.
- Analytics – These are cookies which measure how often you visit our site and how you use it. We use this information to get a better sense of how our users engage with our our content. These analytics give us insight into what we can do to improve so that users have a better experience.
Users who no longer wish to receive emails, announcements and/or promotional communications from us may opt out of receiving them by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email to remove yourself from our mailing lists.